Have you ever had a salesperson try to sell you something you don’t need or want? Maybe it was the pushy DirecTV guy trying to sell you a package when you already have a cable television provider.
You say, no thanks, but he keeps going. Finally, you just walk away.
Usually, the reason you don’t stop and listen is because he’s just trying to sell you on a price. You hear it all the time with marketers.
“We have the best value for the price. You don’t want to miss this chance.”
You’ve heard it before, and you’re not convinced, so you stop listening.
At this point, you might be asking yourself what in the world DirecTV has to do with digital marketing. Here’s the thing. Digital marketing is something that people sell – just like the DirecTV guy. But, when it comes to your marketing dollars you don’t want to only think about the best price you can get on marketing, but rather which type of digital marketing can help you MAKE money. No pushy DirecTV guy is going to tell you that.
Digital Marketing Stats You Need to Know to Grow Your Business
I’m going to share stats on four powerful ways digital marketing will help you grow your business and make you more money. Here’s the four things we’ll cover:
- Why you need to have a mobile-friendly website.
- How local SEO leads to more sales.
- The value of email marketing.
- The effectiveness of AdWords.
Let’s get started with #1.
Why You Need to Have a Mobile-Responsive Website
1. Out of all online traffic, 52.64% of it was from a mobile device in 2017. (Source: statista)
2. By the end of 2018, mobile traffic will account for 79%. (Source: Zenith)
3. Half of eCommerce purchases are done on a mobile device. (Source: OuterBox)
4. Over half of Internet users say they wouldn’t recommend a site that isn’t mobile-friendly. (Source: socPub)
5. If a site isn’t mobile-friendly, 8 in 10 customers won’t engage with it. (Source: Ironpaper)
6. Conversion rates on mobile devices are up 64% compared to conversions on a desktop. (Source: socPub)
7. Eighty-eight percent of people who search for a business on mobile will visit it within 24 hours. (Source: Nectafy)
As you can see, there are many reasons you should have a mobile-friendly site. Not only will your web visitors be more likely to engage with it and buy from it, but they are more likely to recommend it. With the majority of internet usage happening on mobile devices, the time to make your site mobile responsive is now.
How Local SEO Leads to More Sales
8. Eighty five percent of shoppers online look to buy from local businesses. (Source: Yelp)
9. The “near me” search query on Google has doubled in frequency from 2016 to 2017. (Source: Search Engine Watch)
10. Approximately half of people who conduct a local search visit the store within a day. (Source: Search Engine Watch)
11. Most local searchers will visit a store within five miles. (Source: HubSpot)
12. Within a day, 18% of local searches result in a sale. (Source: HubSpot)
13. A third of mobile searches are location related. (Source: Think with Google)
Local SEO can help local businesses increase revenue online and in store. It’s obvious that Internet users are looking for local services and products. If your site is visible to them ahead of your competition, you can significantly grow your business.
The Value of Email Marketing
14. The ROI of email marketing is for every dollar you spend, the return is $38. (Source: emailmonday)
15. Most adults (74%) prefer to receive marketing messages in their email inbox. (Source: Merkle)
16. Email marketing messages are so effective that 66% of online consumers buy something. (Source: DMA)
18. Eighty percent of retail professionals report that email marketing is the most effective way to retain consumers. (Source: eMarketer)
Email marketing is a highly effective digital marketing option for most businesses. The ROI is high, its welcomed by many Internet users, and it’s been used by others who report that it has great results.
The Effectiveness of AdWords (Google Ads)
19. The average click-through rate for an ad in first position is 7%. (Source: wishpond)
20. The ROI of Google Ads is double its investment. (Source: wishpond)
21. Ads reach 80% of global Internet users. (Source: Main Street ROI via Google Benchmarks and Insights)
22. Google reports that their ads have led to 4 billion store visits. (Source: expandedramblings.com)
23. Sponsored ads receive 65% of the clicks in commercial queries, compared to 35% of organic results. (Source: WordStream)
24. Pay-Per-Click visitors are twice as likely to buy something than organic visitors. (Source: unbounce)
Now you know that Google AdWords generates more traffic, conversions, and revenue than organic search. If you’ve ever considered investing Pay-Per-Click, it’s worth your investment.
Adding to Your Digital Marketing Strategy
Upgrading your site to a responsive one, optimizing your site for local searches, starting email marketing, and investing in Pay-Per-Click can help you grow your business significantly. The stats show you that it’s worth the time, effort and money. Get started on these digital marketing initiatives today.
Need Help with Digital Marketing?
Request a consultation with a Main Street ROI Marketing Advisor.