Earlier this month, I got an update from our friends at thumbtack.com about a new survey they recently completed with the Kauffman Foundation.
Thumbtack surveyed 6,000 small business owners about the “business friendliness” of their states, and then organized that information into an online map of the survey results.
Here’s a quick summary of the results from different categories:
Overall business friendliness
“In general, how would you rate your state’s support of small business owners?”
- Best: Idaho, Texas, Oklahoma, Utah
- Worst: California, Hawaii, Vermont, Rhode Island
Ease of starting a business
“How difficult or easy do you think it is to start a business in your state?”
- Best: Idaho, Arkansas, Utah, Oklahoma
- Worst: Hawaii, Vermont, Rhode Island
Current economic health of business
“How would you rate y our company’s financial situation today?”
- Best: Nebraska, Arkansas, Montana, Iowa
- Worst: Nevada, Maine, Connecticut
Optimism about the future
“How do you think your company’s financial situation will be 12 months from now?”
- Best: Nebraska, Arkansas, Utah, Montana
- Worst: New Jersey, New Hampshire, Iowa
Main Street ROI is a digital marketing agency based in New York City.
Our mission is to help small businesses thrive. With our services and training, we help small businesses succeed with marketing regardless of their budgets.
Since 2010, we’ve helped thousands of small businesses create profitable digital marketing campaigns.
As featured in…
As featured in…
Download Our Free Report!
- 5 Steps to Build Quality Backlinks for Your Website
- [AdWords Case Study] 3 “Cheats” to Instantly Boost Your ROI
- The Latest with Google AdWords: October 2017
- How To Convert Subscribers Into Customers (Even If You Have Less Than 50 Subscribers!)
- Top 10 Reasons Email Marketing Is Key to Your Marketing Strategy