Running a business is hard. Period.
It takes an immense amount of dedication, focus, hard work, and time to run a successful business. There are days that the task seems incredibly daunting and that pushing forward seems impossible.
But small businesses make up the backbone of our country, and as we near Thanksgiving, we want to remind you that we’re grateful for your hard work and dedication.
So, when you start to feel stressed, we’ve put together a list of our 27 favorite quotes to help keep you inspired, motivated, and grateful every day.
1. “Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover.” – Mark Twain
2. “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” – Henry Ford
3. “I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.” – Stephen Covey
4. “It is so much easier to be nice, to be respectful, to put yourself in your customers’ shoes and try to understand how you might help them before they ask for help, than it is to try to mend a broken customer relationship.” – Mark Cuban
5. “Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
6. “Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs.” – Farrah Gray
7. “You miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take.” – Wayne Gretzky
8. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do.”- Steve Jobs
9. “Learn to say ‘no’ to the good so you can say ‘yes’ to the best.” – John C. Maxwell
10. “If you set your goals ridiculously high and it’s a failure, you will fail above everyone else’s success.” – James Cameron
11. “Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value.” – Albert Einstein
12. “It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.” – Charles Darwin
13. “Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.” – John D. Rockefeller
14. “Success does not consist in never making mistakes but in never making the same one a second time.” – George Bernard Shaw
15. “Whenever you are asked if you can do a job, tell ‘em, ‘Certainly I can!’ Then get busy and find out how to do it.” – Theodore Roosevelt
16. “Our greatest fear should not be of failure… but of succeeding at things in life that don’t really matter.” – Francis Chan
17. “If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.” – Jim Rohn
18. “It’s fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.” – Bill Gates
19. “I was set free, because my greatest fear had already been realized, and I was still alive, and I still had a daughter whom I adored, and I had an old typewriter and a big idea. And so rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.” – J.K. Rowling
20. “The big secret in life is that there is no big secret. Whatever your goal, you can get there if you’re willing to work.” – Oprah Winfrey
21. “The best moments usually occur when a person’s body or mind is stretched to its limits in a voluntary effort to accomplish something difficult and worthwhile.” – Tal Ben Shahar
22. “If you don’t stand for something you’ll fall for anything.” – Malcolm X
23. “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.” – Warren Buffett
24. “Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life — think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success.” – Swami Vivekananda
25. “Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations.” – Steve Jobs
26. “Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” – Jack Kerouac
27. “Please think about your legacy, because you’re writing it every day.” – Gary Vaynerchuck