Organic Search Engine Traffic Has Tripled, And
The Website Now Generates 2X More Leads
Background: Client Not Getting Found in Google
Our client, an asphalt paving company, contacted us and expressed frustration that his competitors were ranking high in Google and he was nowhere to be found.He knew he was missing out on new business every year simply because prospective customers were choosing his competitors that ranked on the first page of Google. Prospective customers are searching “paving contractors”, “asphalt paving”, and “asphalt crack repair” every single day and our client was losing that business.
Solution: Optimized Website, Built Citations & Links, and Developed Fresh Content
The first step we took was to complete what we call the SEO Tune-Up. The SEO Tune-Up includes the following:
- Keyword and competitor research to identify the best search opportunities
- Edits to core pages of the website
- Creation of new core pages to target additional “buying-intent” keywords
- Creation of new informational pages to target “research-intent” keywords
- Fix all technical issues like site speed, mobile optimized pages, broken links, missing schema, duplicate pages
- Set up and verify Google My Business profile
- Set up Google Analytics and Search Console to track performance
In other words, we cleaned up the on-page SEO. On-page SEO is everything on your website that affects your rankings. Since you’re in full control over your on-page SEO, this is usually your biggest leverage point.
Next, we switched our focus from on-page SEO over to off-page SEO. Off-page SEO is everything off of your website that affects your rankings. For example, you’ve probably already heard that citations and links on other websites can boost your search engine rankings. Those are both examples of off-page SEO factors.
Finally, we began developing more content on the website via blog articles and Frequently Asked Question section, in order to provide the website with more opportunities to get found in search results.
Results: Dramatic Increase in SEO Rankings, Traffic & Conversions
Keyword rankings have been very strong. Initially the client only ranked on the first page for a handful of terms, and now the website ranks #1 in Google locally for 12 priority terms. The website now generated 3X more traffic and 2X more leads versus when we started our work.